You’ve no doubt interviewed a few odd ducks in your day. But of the job-seekers you’ve met and things you’ve seen, does any one of them top anything on this list?
The survey masters at CareerBuilder have done it again. They’ve come up with another must-see list of crazy oddities HR and hiring managers have experienced.
It asked recipients to share the most unusual tactics job-seekers have used to stand out during the interview/hiring process.
All told, CareerBuilder received more than 2,300 responses from HR and hiring pros.
It then winnowed down the list of submissions to these 13 head-shaking entries:
- “Candidate had a priest contact the hiring manager and ask for candidate to be hired.”
- “Candidate bought a first-class upgrade to sit next to hiring manager on a transatlantic flight.”
- “During the month of October, candidate came dressed in a costume for Halloween.”
- “Candidate’s wife made homemade lavender soap bars for the hiring manager as a thank you for taking the time to interview the candidate.”
- “Candidate asked hiring manager to share an ice cream cone.”
- “Candidate sent a pair of embroidered socks with a note saying he would knock the company’s socks off if hired.”